Volunteers sought for Committee roles
Wednesday 20 March 2019 - by Stuart Smedley (Updated on 20 March 2019 at 10:03)
Volunteers are being sought to take on the role of Head of Ladies Section and Club Welfare Officer with Royal Wootton Bassett Town Football Club.
Full job descriptions will be available for both positions shortly.
RWBTFC Head of Ladies Section
Royal Wootton Bassett Town are seeking a volunteer to serve as Head of Ladies Section with immediate effect.
The Head of Ladies Section will report to the Football Club Executive Committee and is responsible for the following:
- Developing and implementing a strategy to grow Ladies football within the club.
- Taking responsibility for operation duties within the Ladies section, working with and communicating to coaches and ensuring players' kit and training facilities are in place
- Assisting with maintaining and promoting coaching standards in line with the Club Ethos
- Keeping the Club Executive Committee informed of key progress on an ongoing basis
- Forming excellent relationship with all managers, members of the Club Executive Committee and other volunteers at the club
Those interested in the position should ideally have previous experience managing in football and must have good communication skills and the ability to work effectively and assertively within a volunteer base.
RWBTFC Welfare Officer
After a number of years in the role, current Club Welfare Officer Derek Edgington has expressed his intention to stand down from the position at the club's AGM in the summer. A volunteer is therefore sought to take over this important role.
The Club Welfare Officer is responsible for making clear the club's responsibilities when running activities for children and younger people and to help other club personnel understand what their duty of care towards children and young people involves.
To undertake the role, the Club Welfare Officer must have an FA-accepted Criminal Record Check, and also complete the FA's Safeguarding Children and Welfare Officer workshops.
For further information about both roles, or to express an interest in assuming one of the positions, please contact Chairman Andy Walduck by email.