Volunteer sought for Head of Youth Section role
Monday 29 May 2017 - by Stuart Smedley (Updated on 29 May 2017 at 16:21)
Royal Wootton Bassett Town are inviting applicants for the role of Head of Youth Section on its Executive Committee.
After a number of years in the position, during which he has overseen the Youth Section's rapid growth, Pete Yeardley has decided to step down from the role. He will remain on the Committee, however, and the club are indebted to his huge contributions over the years.
The Head of Youth Section's purpose is to develop and implement the club's youth football strategy with the goal of ensuring player development within the club and local community.
Among other things, their responsibilities include:
- Ensuring policies and procedures are followed through strong communication with relevant groups (managers, coaches, players, parents, etc.)
- Being the point of contact for managers and coaches within the Youth Section and forming excellent relationships with these individuals
- Setting high standards of coaching and ensuring there is an Under 7 team at the start of each season, as well as Under 16, 17 and 18 sides to feed through into the Senior Section
- Working alongside the Youth Section Secretary and Fixture and Membership Secretary to maintain good records in line with County FA and club guidelines
- Helping to ensure the Youth Section breaks even in terms of spend each season
- Keeping the Chairman and Executive Committee informed of key progress on an ongoing basis and playing an active role on the Executive Committee
All applicants are required to have coached and/or managed teams previously - a minimum of five years' experience is essential. They also must be able to think operationally, have a "can do" attitude and be in possession of good communication skills.
Applicants should ideally hold an FA Level 2 in Coaching Football certificate and have held a similar position before.
Anybody interested in the role, or who would like to obtain further details about the position, should contact Chairman Andy Walduck by email or by mobile on 07980 730905.
A detailed job specification is available here.